With your safety in mind…
Topeka Civic Theatre & Academy values and appreciates our patrons, volunteers and staff. With your health and safety in mind we have implemented the following sanitation and safety measures.
We asked your opinion in a survey last March and we listened. Your concerns and suggestions have been incorporated in our action plan.
• We request all patrons wear face masks while visiting Topeka Civic Theatre and/or Helen Hocker Theater and are required for those not fully vaccinated. We appreciate your assistance in keeping our community healthy and our theatres open and thriving.
• While actively eating or drinking at your table in the Sheffel Theatre masks maybe removed.
• Our staff and front of house volunteers will be wearing face masks for your comfort and out of an abundance of caution.
• When you visit our box office Plexiglas windows have been added for your protection. Having a big sale, on-site celebrity, or other event? Be sure to announce it so everybody knows and gets excited about it.
• Last summer we invested in GenEon Mist Units for cleaning and disinfecting the theatre before each performance. The mister is used after tables are cleaned with direct surface contact. The mister is the final step and the best way to sanitize soft surfaces like the seats and hard to reach areas.
• Most recently we’ve upgraded our HVAC units by installing RGT Air Purification Systems that use photocatalytic and multi-wavelength UV sources to create active air purification throughout the building.
• Hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the buildings.
• We will be seating at every table in our Mainstage theatre.
• We will not be seating unfamiliar parties at the same table. We will honor requests to seat friends together.
• To ensure as many patrons as possible are able to enjoy our productions, we are implementing a two ticket sale minimum. This will not apply in cases were four individual friends are making reservations at the same table.
• PLEASE help us avoid the loss that would result from numerous empty seats. Please invite friends to join you at your table.
Seating in the Oldfather Theatre and Helen Hocker Theater
• We will be utilizing all seats in these theatres.
• With a 24 hour notice, there is never a fee to exchanging tickets for a different night. If you aren’t feeling well, we trust that you will stay home. For Saturday and Sunday performances we ask you call by noon on Friday. Please call our box office as soon as possible to reschedule. 785.357.5211