Become Part of the TCT Family
What to Expect In Auditions
Those auditioning are asked to read from the script. When auditioning for musicals, you will be required to perform the prepared song and participate in a dance audition. Rehearsals are weekday evenings and weekend afternoons. Production runs can vary from five to 20 performances, with two to five per week.
LIGHT TECHNICIANS/SPOTLIGHT OPERATORS
SOUND BOARD OPERATOR
BEHIND THE SCENES
Set construction regularly involves set painting and whether you are an artist or not, you can learn to paint at TCT. Many painting techniques in the theatre are easy to learn. You can learn to paint scenery to look like brick, stone, marble, plaster, stucco, foliage, wallpaper or a variety of wood grains and master such techniques as spattering, sponging, rag rolling and dry brushing.
Volunteers on this team will help deconstruct each set on the Sunday following the final performance of each production. Strikes take between two and four hours and involve using power tools, clearing props/furniture and tidying the backstage wings.
ADMIN OFFICE/DAYTIME RECEPTIONIST
FRONT OF HOUSE HOST/MANAGER
OPENING NIGHT CATERING FOR CAST & CREW
- Discounted tickets on special “Volunteer Night” for Mainstage productions
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation Night to celebrate our wonderful volunteers
- Half-price regular season membership when you volunteer a minimum of 100 hours for the same or previous season
- Special recognition after completing 400 hours in a season
- Name engraved on the Volunteer Excellence plaque after completing 700 volunteer hours in a season
- Name engraved on a special millennium club plaque after completing 1,000 volunteer hours in a season
- Free dress rehearsal tickets when volunteering as a cast or crew member
- Become a “family” while working on great shows with great people!
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR MORE
INFORMATION ABOUT BECOMING A VOLUNTEER.